Announcement

Do not use the forums to submit bug reports, feature requests or patches, submit a New Ticket instead.

#1 2010-08-19 12:19:39

jschade
Banned

Xinha *must*

Dear colleagues

The error message "Xinha must be installed on a web server ..." has confused the hell out of me. I think I have finally understood what is meant, i.e.: do not double-click the file, or right-click and open with a browser, make a suitable virtual directory and use that in an HTTP URL that will be typed into the location box of the browser to open the Xinha editor. The mention "web server" in the error message intends to indicate that the development machine should have a web server (e.g. have IIS or Apache) installed on it. It should not be understood in the sense that a separate "web server" machine is required in addition to the development machine.

I therefore propose to reformulate the error message as follows:

"The Xinha HTML file*must* be opened with an HTTP URL. Xinha cannot function properly without it (the "file://" protocol is not acceptable). It will try to initialize but will not load correctly"

Have I got it or am I still confused?

If you find that I have a point, perhaps you cans with a better formulation (mother-tongue English speakers to the rescue).

Best regards, Johannes

#2 2010-08-19 20:04:27

gogo
Xinha Leader
Website

Re: Xinha *must*

That is correct, XMLHTTPRequest can not function over file://

James Sleeman

Board footer