Announcement

Do not use the forums to submit bug reports, feature requests or patches, submit a New Ticket instead.

#1 2005-03-11 08:50:41

fstuurman
Website

Table insert , no breaks in firefox

I have noticed a difference between an old version of htmlarea (which I have in my cms) compared to Xinha and also
the latest htmlarea3 editor, concerning the insert of a table: in the older versions in each cell a <br /> was inserted
for mozilla like browsers, is see the code is still there:

// Mozilla likes to see something inside the cell.
        (HTMLArea.is_gecko) && td.appendChild(doc.createElement("br"));

Should I create a ticket for this?

Kind regards Fred Stuurman.

#2 2005-03-12 11:56:08

gogo
Xinha Leader
Website

Re: Table insert , no breaks in firefox

fstuurman wrote:

I have noticed a difference between an old version of htmlarea (which I have in my cms) compared to Xinha and also
the latest htmlarea3 editor, concerning the insert of a table: in the older versions in each cell a <br /> was inserted
for mozilla like browsers, is see the code is still there:

// Mozilla likes to see something inside the cell.
        (HTMLArea.is_gecko) && td.appendChild(doc.createElement("br"));

Should I create a ticket for this?

Kind regards Fred Stuurman.

Yes.  But do you mean that the <br/> is not being inserted and should be?  I havn't used tables much in moz but they seem to work ok and I wasn't aware of them having <br/> inserted in each cell?

James Sleeman

#3 2005-03-13 03:34:38

fstuurman
Website

Re: Table insert , no breaks in firefox

James,
When there are no <br> in empty cells and you have a border you don't see the border around the cells.

Also when there are several breaks without anything behind it and you switch to html mode every time it eats up a break.
Maybe this is related because in the cell there is also nothing behind the break when it is inserted at first.
Kind regards Fred.

Board footer