Announcement

Do not use the forums to submit bug reports, feature requests or patches, submit a New Ticket instead.

#1 2005-02-18 04:35:34

niko
Xinha Authority

Linker-Plugin

Hi,

I just tried out the linker-plugin - its amazing!

but it didn't work at the beginning, because the scan.php searched through my whole www - which is very, very big big_smile
...so where can i define the directory - and the other parameters avaliable in scan.php?

another question:
the dialog looks completely different from the other usually used dialogs - actually it looks great - but still it would be nice to open all dialogs the same way!

3rd question:
i have a dynamic website - where it isn't enough to list all avaliable files - for example i have a news.php that can be called with news.php?id=xx
can i define such links anywhere too?

thanks!
niko

Niko

#2 2005-02-18 04:50:43

gogo
Xinha Leader
Website

Re: Linker-Plugin

niko wrote:

but it didn't work at the beginning, because the scan.php searched through my whole www - which is very, very big big_smile
...so where can i define the directory - and the other parameters avaliable in scan.php?

The method is something like this, in PHP..

<?php
 $basedir  = realpath($_SERVER['BASE_DIR'] . '/path/to/wherever') . '/';
 $hash = sha1('dir=' . $basedir);
 $_SESSION[$hash] = TRUE;
?>
yourEditor.config.Linker.backend = _editor_url + 'plugins/Linker/scan.php?dir=<?php echo urlencode($basedir) ?>';

The reason for that hash in the session is so that Joe Bloggs can't just go change the directory on the url to whatever they want, you could equally as well just change the $dir = statement in scan.php and skip that whole m'larky above.

another question:
the dialog looks completely different from the other usually used dialogs - actually it looks great - but still it would be nice to open all dialogs the same way!

Yes.  I'm not a fan of popups, they make life more difficult.  But by the same token I know some people won't like the inline-dialog idea.  To that means I'd like to see it configurable.  I've designed the inline dialog system so that in the (not tooo distant) future it should be possible to determine if you want inline or popup dialogs with a config variable.  At least that's the idea in theory wink

i have a dynamic website - where it isn't enough to list all avaliable files - for example i have a news.php that can be called with news.php?id=xx
can i define such links anywhere too?

Yes, what you need to do is have a look at scan.php and see what it returns (it just returns some a nested javascript array, nothng fancy).  Then you can write your own scan.php (or modify the existing) and set the config variable yourEditor.config.Linker.backend  appropriatly.

James Sleeman

#3 2005-02-18 05:22:27

niko
Xinha Authority

yourEditor.config.Linker.backend = _editor_url + 'plugins/Linker/scan.php?dir=<?php echo urlencode($basedir) ?>';

ok.... thought about using that too...

Yes.  I'm not a fan of popups, they make life more difficult.  But by the same token I know some people won't like the inline-dialog idea.  To that means I'd like to see it configurable.  I've designed the inline dialog system so that in the (not tooo distant) future it should be possible to determine if you want inline or popup dialogs with a config variable.  At least that's the idea in theory wink

nice! i like that too!
..although i don't know if this really need to be configurable?
if it is easy to do why not....

Yes, what you need to do is have a look at scan.php and see what it returns (it just returns some a nested javascript array, nothng fancy).  Then you can write your own scan.php (or modify the existing) and set the config variable yourEditor.config.Linker.backend  appropriatly.

ok... i will do that

tanks for your reply and for your linker-plugin big_smile

niko

Niko

#4 2005-03-01 21:03:35

adam2003w
Xinha Community Member
Website

Um ... Where do I download this plugin? And .. uh ... where do I download any plugin for Xinha for that mater? Thanks.

site [url]www.paradigmprint.com[/url]

#5 2005-03-01 21:12:19

anzenews
Xinha Community Member

The (official) plugins for Xinha come with distribution. Just download new version and the plugins should be there - including the Linker plugin.

Enjoy!

#6 2005-03-01 21:14:22

adam2003w
Xinha Community Member
Website

Thanks, I'll download it right now.

site [url]www.paradigmprint.com[/url]

Board footer