Announcement

Do not use the forums to submit bug reports, feature requests or patches, submit a New Ticket instead.

#1 2011-09-23 11:15:57

foscaweb

Xinha .js and .css files substituded by "sh: java not found"

Today I was surprised to find that our Xinha System was "dead"; the textarea lacked all buttons, in fact it was a mere HTML textarea.
I launched the Firefox error console and find this strange error: "sh: java: not found".
Then I checked the Xinha directory on our Ubuntu server and found thar most important .js and .css files had been replaced by a 131 byte file containing exactly that fake message: "sh: java: not found". The name of the file was preserved.
Luckily I had a backup and could restore all the file missing. Now Xinha seems to work properly again.
But the questione remains: what the hell did happen this morning? Was a hacker attack? Was a virus or worm or something or the like?
Or a Xinha bug?

Did anyone experience such a problem?
Is there a preventive method?

Thanks.

Paolo Bonavoglia

#2 2011-09-23 20:51:55

gogo
Xinha Leader
Website

Re: Xinha .js and .css files substituded by "sh: java not found"

This issue was identified and protected against 1 year ago in http://trac.xinha.org/ticket/1515

The source of this is...
  contrib/compress.php
  contrib/compress_yui.php
you should delete these files (or add a .htaccess etc, see the ticket and revision)

James Sleeman

#3 2011-09-25 16:17:24

foscaweb

Re: Xinha .js and .css files substituded by "sh: java not found"

Thanks a lot. smile

I followed your advice, and now 30 hours after a second attack, Xinha is functioning properly.

I understand it was a Xinha vulnerability and a hacker attack using it.

Hope there are no other vulnerability dangerous like this.

Paolo Bonavoglia

Board footer