Announcement

Do not use the forums to submit bug reports, feature requests or patches, submit a New Ticket instead.

#1 2012-11-29 12:21:08

Don1

Problems with Extended File Manager and/or Mootools File Manager

Hi all,

I'm in the process of attempting to implement functionality in a project that will allow the insertion of links to files into a textarea type control. For this purpose Xenha seemed perfect - especially given the presence of the Extended File Manager plugin.
I have successfully got Xenha to replace the textarea that was previously on the page, and am impressed by the functionality that it provides.
However, I run into problems when I try to implement the Extended File Manager plugin.
When I add 'ExtendedFile Manager' to the list of plugins in Step 2 of the xinha_config.js page, like this:

xinha_plugins = xinha_plugins ? xinha_plugins :
  [
   'CharacterMap',
   'ContextMenu',
   'ListType',
   'Stylist',
   'Linker',
   'SuperClean',
   'TableOperations',
   'ExtendedFileManager'
  ];

The icon with the "Insert File Link" tooltip appears on the Xenha toolbar. When I click on the icon, I get a blank popup. I know that this is because I have to further configure the Extended File Manager.
When I try to add the code that is set out on the http://trac.xinha.org/wiki/Plugins/ExtendedFileManager webpage (the code that starts:

if (xinha_config.ExtendedFileManager) {
        with (xinha_config.ExtendedFileManager)
        {
            <?php ...

)

to Step 3 of the xinha_config.js file and reload my webpage, the Xenha functionality totally disappears and I'm left with a basic textarea. Firebug complains about "<?php" being a syntax error. How do I avoid this?

In desperation, I've tried using MootoolsFileManager instead, but can't even get it to show a toolbar icon when added to the plugin list. Instead, again, my webpage reverts to just having a basic textarea with no sign of Xenha.

I'm using revision trunk-r1327 of Xenha, and I'm afraid that I'm totally ignorant of PHP coding, being more used to Java.

Any advice as to what I'm doing wrong would be very gratefully received.

Thanks,

Don

Board footer