Announcement

Do not use the forums to submit bug reports, feature requests or patches, submit a New Ticket instead.

#1 2011-02-23 17:13:02

FewKinG

Xinha and edited page in different directories

Hello,

I have a scenario where I have xinha installed in one directory.
I want to use this installation to manage multiple websites using xinha. These websites are in different directorys that are no subdirectories of the xinha folder.
My problem is that I so far did not find a way to set the working directory for xinha. I don't want to have a copy of the xinha code in each page directory. On the other hand, the users should not be able to navigate to the other webpages' directories.

I tried putting the xinha folder into a publicly available folder with directory indexing enabled and then had a small .html file in the users page folder that included the xinha .js files from there and I also set the _editor_url option accordingly. But that just gave me a javascript error

uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIXMLHttpRequest.send]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: http://pagebuilder.paniccrew.de/xinha/XinhaCore.js :: anonymous :: line 7132" data: no]

Any suggestions on how to achieve this?

ADDITION: More specificly: What I want is the file picker for the link creator to use a specific directory as root and additionaly the generated url's HREF to be correct even when the xinha editor is not in the domain's root (I tried using the baseHref config option which didn't work what is said to be a known bug already. I will await a fix for this. However, this won't solve my issue with setting the file picker's root directory).

Thanks in advance,
FewKinG.

Last edited by FewKinG (2011-02-24 07:53:13)

#2 2011-02-28 20:25:36

gogo
Xinha Leader
Website

Re: Xinha and edited page in different directories

Simply write your own Linker backend which returns absolute URLs to your liking.

Section 2
http://trac.xinha.org/wiki/Linker

The format that your scan.php needs to return is pretty simple.

James Sleeman

Board footer