Announcement

Do not use the forums to submit bug reports, feature requests or patches, submit a New Ticket instead.

#1 2011-02-07 12:06:17

dr_robert
Xinha Community Member

Integrate jSpell Evolution into Xinha (Spell Checker in .Net)

Hello All,

I am developing a .Net application and using Xinha (...because it rocks, but you know that!).

Unfortunately, I cannot use the default spell checker because it will not work on my .net platform. But, spell checking is obviously still very important.

After lots of searching, I found a nifty application named jSpell Evolution: http://www.jspell.com/ajax-spell-checker.html

On the website it says it integrated with 3rd Party WYSIWYG Editors such as TinyMCE, WYSIWYGPro, FCKEditor & Yahoo YUI Rich Text Editor

I know Xinha is very similar to these (but better), so I see no reason why it could not hook into Xinha the same way.

But, to be honest, I'm not so savvy at this stuff so I'm having a hard time figuring it out.
I'm hoping one of the guru's in the forum can figure out how to hook the spell checker into Xinha. (I will be very grateful!)
Plus, I'm sure others have been or will be in a similar position to me, so my hope is that this thread will help them, too!!

In the Wiki for jSpell Evolution, you can see how it hooks into the other editors, which I hope is a big clue as to how it can hook into Xinha:
http://www.jspell.com/wiki/index.php/JS … tion_Notes

Any insight or a push in the right direction is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance. Cheers! smile

#2 2011-02-07 19:19:35

gogo
Xinha Leader
Website

Re: Integrate jSpell Evolution into Xinha (Spell Checker in .Net)

Hmmm, I can't test such a connection as I have no way to run it, but steering you in the general direction I think.

In Step 5 (see Newbie Guide)

xinha_editors.myTextArea._onGenerate = function()
{
var frame = this._iframe;
fieldsToCheck[fieldsToCheck.length] = [document, frame.id];
jspellInit();
}

No idea if that will work, but it's a starting poing for you. 

NB: Disable the contextmenu plugin, I doubt it would play well.

James Sleeman

Board footer