Announcement

Do not use the forums to submit bug reports, feature requests or patches, submit a New Ticket instead.

#1 2010-10-01 17:26:55

dr_robert
Xinha Community Member

Xinha.colorPicker is not a constructor

Hello All,

I've been using Xinha for a long time and it's absolutely perfect for everything I need.

I'm still using version 0.931, which I know is old, but it honestly has been flawless for what seems like forever so we haven't touched it.

All of a sudden we started getting reports that the font color and font background color options no longer work in FireFox.

It produces an error saying:
Xinha.colorPicker is not a constructor

In IE this still works properly. And, I know up until recently, this worked in FireFox as well.

We haven't touched any of the files on our system, so I'm thinking maybe this is the result of a browser update.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I'd love to get this working again? We've made several customizations to Xinha, so I'd rather not upgrade *everything* if I don't have to... but, of course, I will if that is the only way to resolve this problem.

Thanks in advance!

#2 2010-10-01 22:27:25

gogo
Xinha Leader
Website

Re: Xinha.colorPicker is not a constructor

You'll have to use Firebug to debug it.  Check that it's loading all files for a start.

James Sleeman

#3 2010-10-02 07:58:47

dr_robert
Xinha Community Member

Re: Xinha.colorPicker is not a constructor

Hi James,

First and foremost, thanks for the prompt reply. As always, you are the best and your assistance has been and always is greatly appreciated. smile

I installed FireBug and then cleared my cache/cookies/etc.

I went back to the Xinha editor and the color pickers worked.

I'm not sure why it wasn't working yesterday, but I wanted to let you know that without any changes on my end, it seems to be working today.

I'll keep my eye on it and update this thread if I get that "Xinha.colorPicker is not a constructor" JS error again.

Have a good weekend!

Board footer