Announcement

Do not use the forums to submit bug reports, feature requests or patches, submit a New Ticket instead.

#1 2005-02-11 19:21:37

gogo
Xinha Leader
Website

Welcome to the Xinha forums.

Welcome everybody to the Xinha forums, use them wisely, lest I smite you with my admin interface.

If I can just ask that we keep bug reports, feature requests and patches out of the forums and in to the ticket system that would be greeeaaat.  Feel free to use the forum to discuss bugs, features and patches before you submit them though.

James Sleeman

#2 2005-02-14 06:47:40

niko
Xinha Authority

Re: Welcome to the Xinha forums.

hello,

Great to see your HtmlArea-Fork alive again!

hopefully better support that from interactive-tools big_smile

hopefully some developers will move from HA to Xinha!

btw: Trac is a great system big_smile

Niko

#3 2005-02-14 22:25:46

gogo
Xinha Leader
Website

niko wrote:

hopefully some developers will move from HA to Xinha!

I'm purposefully avoiding the htmlarea.com forums at the moment lest I incite the wrath of IT, but feel free to be as evangelical as you like about Xinha to everybody who comes within earshot, or typing distance smile

btw: Trac is a great system big_smile

I agree, it's been around for a while but I just stumbled across it a week or so ago and was really impressed with it, the integration of Wiki, Tickets and Subversion is really nice. 

Just a pity it doesn't have a forum built in that takes the same Wiki markup (not that punbb isn't a pretty nice minimalist forum, but it'd be nice to be able to use the same formatting).

PS: Thanks for removing those silly Wiki changes.

James Sleeman

#4 2005-02-15 03:55:00

niko
Xinha Authority

gogo wrote:

I'm purposefully avoiding the htmlarea.com forums at the moment lest I incite the wrath of IT, but feel free to be as evangelical as you like about Xinha to everybody who comes within earshot, or typing distance smile

Actually my IP has been banned from the interactive-tools-forum i noticed today!!
(now i must use an anonymous proxy to access the board... big_smile)

i suppose they really don't like your fork (i understand it tough)

Niko

#5 2005-02-15 05:03:06

gogo
Xinha Leader
Website

Actually my IP has been banned from the interactive-tools-forum i noticed today!!
(now i must use an anonymous proxy to access the board... big_smile)

Haha, classic, me too

Home: An error occurred    
You have been banned

now I'll have to go find an anonymizer too, I wanna know what they are hiding smile

James Sleeman

#6 2005-02-15 05:53:57

niko
Xinha Authority

gogo wrote:

now I'll have to go find an anonymizer too, I wanna know what they are hiding smile

it works for me now with JAP
apt-get install anon-proxy

although slow (of course)

...and IT wants to call this open source...
they want 100% control - but don't pay any developers...
i'm happy that you don't go with them...

Niko

#7 2005-02-15 05:54:19

gogo
Xinha Leader
Website

gogo wrote:

I wanna know what they are hiding smile

They wern't hiding anything.  There have been a few new plugins over there lately.  EFM seems to be interesting.

James Sleeman

#8 2005-02-15 08:26:06

niko
Xinha Authority

gogo wrote:

EFM seems to be interesting.

yep
very, very interesting!

Niko

#9 2005-02-18 03:17:46

Chris Allison
Xinha Community Member

Good job on choosing to only have 1 forum for a new site.  Too often people put up a new site and create 100 forums, thereby fracturing the community and thus preventing community growth.

Thanks for introducing me to PunBB.   I have not seen this before.  I like the cleanness.  I have followed phpBB for years.

#10 2005-02-18 04:57:09

gogo
Xinha Leader
Website

Chris Allison wrote:

Good job on choosing to only have 1 forum for a new site.  Too often people put up a new site and create 100 forums, thereby fracturing the community and thus preventing community growth.

Great minds think alike there Chris, 1 forum means more perceived traffic smile  Nothing kills a project quicker than a ghost town.

Thanks for introducing me to PunBB.   I have not seen this before.  I like the cleanness.  I have followed phpBB for years.

Yea, I've used phpBB a good deal before, but frankly it's too heavy, and a big a target for the skript kiddies these days.  So I dipped into the freshmeat.net grabbag and chose punbb, it looked nice and clean, simple and reasonably unknown wink

James Sleeman

#11 2005-02-20 10:48:09

Foxx
Xinha Community Member

Hey,

found you through the signature of Mirical Bernd on HTMLArea.com.

I've been using version 2 for ages now, but due to IE;s buggyness and the popularity of other browsers such as mozilla, the time has come to upgrade. I was glad to see that HTMLArea was revived a couple of weeks ago and was hoping that the initial idea to post a new RC every friday would be met so that in due time a final and stable version of HTMLArea 3 would be released, since I simply cannot use a beta version (or RC for that matter) in my production environment CMS.

When I checked in again today to look for new developments, I was sad to see some people seemed to be argueing over some things. Inspite of all that, it seems like this is the place to be. Reading all sleemanj's (gogo) posts on HTMLArea you seem like a very capable programmer with lots of potential and ideas. So therefore I just wanted to say that I really appreciate your effort and hope the new Xinha will be better than HTMLArea ever was.

Foxx

#12 2005-02-20 11:59:05

phirschybar

I want to second Foxx's comment of thanks.

I rely on HTMLArea right now in my clients' CMSes and would like to see the development moving forward. I hope I can be of help in the days ahead. Good luck!

Ben

Board footer