Announcement

Do not use the forums to submit bug reports, feature requests or patches, submit a New Ticket instead.

#1 2011-04-19 12:57:39

foscaweb

HTML is muddled when submitting

I'm a newbye to Xinha, not to HTML and PhP.

I realized with Xinha a PhP-HTML page for editing "news" which are to be saved in a MySQL database in HTML for publishing on our site..
Everything is working fine as far as You submit simple news with a few rows of text.

But if you try to use tables or other formatting it becomes a nightmare, e.g.:

You put a table aligned to the right? Submit it and you find it aligned to the left!!
You try to separe a table from subsequent text? Submit it and you find all muddled!

I studied the case, tried to import some working html code and found that the code is awfully muddled when submitting.

Just two examples.

I have this HTML: 
    <table align="right">. After submitting I find <table align="\"right\""> and alignment is lost.

I have this HTML after the table: 
    <br clear="all" style="clear: both;" /> After submitting I find <br clear="\"all\"" />
    (the style has been removed, the clear="all" muddled and made useless; table and text awfully mixed)

Which agent does the HTML code muddling? Xinha? URL encoding? Is there a way to prevent this?

Hope someone can help!

P.S. I've tried different browsers, it doens't make any difference.

Paolo Bonavoglia

Last edited by foscaweb (2011-04-20 02:13:18)

#2 2011-04-20 21:16:55

gogo
Xinha Leader
Website

Re: HTML is muddled when submitting

Sounds a bit like magic quotes is switched on.

James Sleeman

#3 2011-04-21 02:25:05

foscaweb

Re: HTML is muddled when submitting

gogo wrote:

Sounds a bit like magic quotes is switched on.

So it was a PhP problem!! Yes, magic_quotes_gpc was "on" in php.ini! I had never used this tricky option and in fact forgotten it.

Now the problem seems solved, thanks a lot!

Board footer