Announcement

Do not use the forums to submit bug reports, feature requests or patches, submit a New Ticket instead.

#1 2011-04-04 09:21:45

beavis82

Multiple instances of Xinha - linker problems

Hello all,

Apologies, I think I've discovered a bug but I can't seem to log-in to create a ticket (getting a server not found error).

The problem is when multiple instances of Xinha are shown on a page, Linker appears to only work on one of them. This is the case on my own web application and also on the demonstration site:

http://xinha.raimundmeyer.de/x_examples … ample.html

I have a very limited knowledge of Javascript - does anyone know what might be going wrong?

I have reproduced the problem in both IE7 and Firefox 4.

Thanks in advance smile

Last edited by beavis82 (2011-04-04 09:22:56)

#2 2011-04-04 20:57:15

gogo
Xinha Leader
Website

Re: Multiple instances of Xinha - linker problems

Are you using the  latest trunk?

James Sleeman

#3 2011-04-06 11:17:50

beavis82

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. No, I was using an old version but I presumed the demo page would be using the latest version.

I've tried the Stable Version on the demo page, loaded 2 editors and enabled linker - linker only works on one of the editors.

I've tried the Latest Nightly on the demo page - seems to work fine. I'm reluctant to use this on a live web site!

I've downloaded Xinha 0.96.1 from the download page, uploaded it to our server and fired up the Xinha Extended Example - that doesn't work at all for a different reason - with linker enabled I get the following error when I click on the link icon, no matter how many instances of Xinha are on the page:

Error: this.dialog.getElementById("type_url") is null
Source File: http://****(url hidden)****/editor/xinha/plugins/Linker/Linker.js
Line: 408

Not sure what to try next!

#4 2011-04-06 13:33:54

ejucovy
Xinha Community Member
Website

Using the latest code from trunk will probably be fine.  There haven't been very many code changes since the last full release, and James always stresses that every single change should retain full backwards compatibility.

For what it's worth, I use the latest trunk code on my website, and have had no problems with it.

#5 2011-04-08 00:07:29

gogo
Xinha Leader
Website

Yeah, use the latest trunk, there hasn't been much activity apart from a few bug fixes, by and large, it's fairly stable.  The only problem by the sounds of it you might run into is with IE9. 

At some point I'll have a look at that, unless somebody wants to jump on it sooner :-)

James Sleeman

#6 2011-04-11 06:42:50

beavis82

Thanks guys for the advice. I've been wrestling with this for a couple of days - getting all sorts of seemingly random errors which have all cleared up by themselves - I presume various old Xinha files were being cached by the browser and were causing problems. I now have a configured and working version of Xinha! I'm curious about IE9 - I've not installed it yet but have had a search around for information and I've found a page that suggests some releases of Xinha 0.95 work with IE9, but I've found little information about 0.96.1. Any ideas?

Thanks again!

#7 2011-04-11 20:15:40

gogo
Xinha Leader
Website

IE9 has issues currently (unles you use it in compat mode), recent threads right here in the forums explain it and workarounds.

James Sleeman

Board footer