Announcement

Do not use the forums to submit bug reports, feature requests or patches, submit a New Ticket instead.

#1 2011-03-29 11:20:53

gaven

Firefox: cut/copy selection, paste from clipboard, insert/overwrite

This has probably been asked a million times but can you tell me the exact reason that these buttons are missing from when editor is displayed in Firefox instead of IE8?

Is is something to do with Firefox clipboard restrictions?

Will they EVER be available in Firefox?

Need to know if we can ever expect them in editor in Firefox...

Also I manually removed the "view HTML source" button from editor in Firefox years ago because I found when users switched back/forth from source view to normal view in Firefox it corrupted / changed the original saved HTML unlike IE which didn't touch it. Has this behaviour changed at all since newer versions of Firefox have come out. Could I re-enable the "view HTML source" button in Firefox safely now?

#2 2011-03-29 21:09:31

gogo
Xinha Leader
Website

Re: Firefox: cut/copy selection, paste from clipboard, insert/overwrite

Clipboard restrictions.  You can edit your toolbar to put them back if you want to try it out, search XinhaCore.js for "paste" and you'll find it, just short circuit the  check for a quick test.

HTML transformation is dependant on your config -- yourconfig.getHtmlMethod = 'DOMWalk' or 'TransformInnerHTML'

DOMWalk is the default. 

Remember, the HTML is going through a HTML->DOM->HTML process, the second half of that knows little about the first half, what you get out is a valid representation of the DOM in the middle, regardless of what the HTML at the start looked like.

James Sleeman

#3 2011-03-30 04:37:33

gaven

Re: Firefox: cut/copy selection, paste from clipboard, insert/overwrite

gogo wrote:

Clipboard restrictions.  You can edit your toolbar to put them back if you want to try it out, search XinhaCore.js for "paste" and you'll find it, just short circuit the  check for a quick test.

HTML transformation is dependant on your config -- yourconfig.getHtmlMethod = 'DOMWalk' or 'TransformInnerHTML'

DOMWalk is the default. 

Remember, the HTML is going through a HTML->DOM->HTML process, the second half of that knows little about the first half, what you get out is a valid representation of the DOM in the middle, regardless of what the HTML at the start looked like.

Thanks for the info. More or less what I suspected. I'll try and enable the buttons and see what happens now in Firefox. Only reason I asked is users were complaining that these functions are missing in FF. Also looking at other HTMLArea-like editors just to get these in FF would be stupid wouldn't it because the restriction is with FF not with Xinha - the boss was asking....

Board footer