Announcement

Do not use the forums to submit bug reports, feature requests or patches, submit a New Ticket instead.

#1 2011-03-23 13:00:54

punkin

Does Xinha require PHP?

I am not using PHP at all.  How to set up xinha editor without PHP?  Is PHP part of requirements?

Right now none of the provided example works!  I also tried to follow the newbie guide to construct the page.  Like those example HTML pages, the editor fails to load and is disabled due to the Linker plugin which looks for scan.php and issues requests to the backend PHP server.

I looked into the plugin folders.  There are several areas (e.g., ImageManager, ExtenedFileManager...) configuring to use backend.php (found in PSServer).  It looks to me that Xinha cannot run without PHP.

Can someone confirm this?  If not, how could I set it up without PHP involved?

The version I downloaded and used is the current one: v0.96.1

Last edited by punkin (2011-03-23 13:02:20)

#2 2011-03-23 19:21:37

gogo
Xinha Leader
Website

Re: Does Xinha require PHP?

Xinha itself does not require PHP.

But many of the most common plugins to Xinha (ImageManager, ExtendedFileManager...) do require PHP.

You can use Xinha without the plugins that need PHP if you don't have PHP, edit your configuration accordingly to remove those plugins.

See the NewbieGuide.

James Sleeman

#3 2011-03-23 19:41:16

punkin

Thank you very much for your response.  Actually I have already commented out "Linker" plugin to prevent from PHP error.  However, the editor looks disabled because it is all grayed out.  Thus I thought PHP was required.  Seeing your confirmation, I tried again but the grayed-out look has never changed.  I ended up commenting all plugins except for "ContextMenu".   Still grayed out!  I was confused.  I finally realize that I have to click on the editor in order to activate it.  Is there anyway to activate the editor at page load instead of the 1st click?  Anyway, I am going to find this out.   Again, thanks.

Now, I can go on my testing. 

Cheers!

#4 2011-03-24 16:41:57

ejucovy
Xinha Community Member
Website

Yup, try setting xinha_config.autofocus = true

#5 2011-03-24 17:00:23

punkin

Thank you.  I tried several ways yesterday without success.  This works perfectly.

Board footer