Announcement

Do not use the forums to submit bug reports, feature requests or patches, submit a New Ticket instead.

#1 2005-03-26 19:56:53

thoroe

CSS and DynamicCSS plugins

Hi there,

I just started working with htmlarea 3 - when it disappeared from its website. Fortunately Xinha continues developing the code - thanks for that. It's definitely worth it.

I played around with the "full_example.html", especially with the different CSS solutions. The stylist-plugin needs a lot of space, so I'd love to use the dropdown-plugins.
What I figured out: The short descriptions of both CSS plugins speak about "applying classes to the selection". But while the CSS plugin seems to only support inline-styles (<span>...</span>), the DynamicCSS only supports "tag"-styles (for example <td class="..."> or <p class="">). Is this correct or am I just too stupid to use it?

The second thing is, that I so far failed to get the DynamicCSS plugin working on my site. My CSS file consists of one "body" class and two other ".important" and ".small" styles. Strange to say, the body class works (the Xinha appearance is converted), but the DynamicCSS dropdown stays empty (except for the Default and those "htmtableborders" styles). Any suggestions about that?

Thanks for your answers.

Last edited by thoroe (2005-03-26 20:04:50)

#2 2005-04-02 04:45:30

gogo
Xinha Leader
Website

Re: CSS and DynamicCSS plugins

I havn't used the DynamicCSS or CSS plugins.  If you find a solution it would be good if you can post it so others can benefit.

The Stylist plugin uses extra space because it allows you to apply multiple classes to the selection, rather than the others which can only apply one class per selection.

James Sleeman

#3 2005-04-04 02:31:32

niko
Xinha Authority

Re: CSS and DynamicCSS plugins

would it be an idea to have two modes for the stylist-plugin?
1. the (current) panel-mode which allows to apply several styles
2. a selectbox-in-toolbar-mode (exactly like DynamicCSS)

and make this mode configurable over the plugin-config?

imho Linker has big andvantages over DynamicCSS - but in many cases the whole panel isn't needed.

Niko

Board footer