Announcement

Do not use the forums to submit bug reports, feature requests or patches, submit a New Ticket instead.

#1 2005-03-16 04:13:26

nspirov

Recommend a site editor

Hello,

Can somebody recommend a simple site editor using Xinha (or another WYSIWYG for that matter) - not a database driven CMS but a simple HTML file editor? Maybe I can't figure out the correct name of this to search for, because I can't seem to find a solution.

Regards, Nick

#2 2005-03-16 04:58:23

adamp
Xinha Pro

Re: Recommend a site editor

If you want a WYSIWYG for editing normal, non-dynamic HTML files then you're unlikely to use a solution involving a browser-based editor (how would it write to the files?).

Stuff like Dreamweaver, FrontPage, etc. are all designed specifically for editing normal HTML files in a WYSIWYG environment and will have a lot more functionality.

#3 2005-03-16 05:12:33

nspirov

Yes, I would LIKE open-source, PHP server-based DreamWeaver !!! Do you know some? :-P

Seriously, of course I use DW (sadly only for Windows and MacOS) but this is no solution to give end users the ability to edit a file or two. And of course you can edit server files through your browser, Webmin does that, my Ensim server does that too, I just don't have a WYSIWYG solution as I can't modify those two.

BTW, there is Contribute, DreamWeaver's small brother, very well suitabe for end users, but still not a simple online, free solution. They have to BUY it and INSTALL it.

AFFrontPage isn't really an option, and it isn't really a WYSIWYG either ;-)

Last edited by nspirov (2005-03-16 05:16:03)

#4 2005-03-16 05:29:01

adamp
Xinha Pro

OK, as you said you didn't want a CMS I presumed you didn't want a PHP-based script, as basically any script that edits files is a simple CMS.

Check out somewhere like hotscripts.com - there's bound to be something there that meets your needs.

#5 2005-03-19 01:00:59

gogo
Xinha Leader
Website

nspirov wrote:

Hello,

Can somebody recommend a simple site editor using Xinha (or another WYSIWYG for that matter) - not a database driven CMS but a simple HTML file editor? Maybe I can't figure out the correct name of this to search for, because I can't seem to find a solution.

Regards, Nick

Do a search for CMSimple, here, or at google, hat might be what you're looking for.

James Sleeman

Board footer