Announcement

Do not use the forums to submit bug reports, feature requests or patches, submit a New Ticket instead.

#1 2005-02-25 17:19:44

dlst
Xinha Community Member

redo and undo buttons functions

Hello,

First, I must say that in light of what's happening over at interactive, I'm really happy to see someone step up to the plate so nicely.  Thanks!

Now to the question:

I'm playing with the nightly from 2/25/05.  I noticed that there are no "undo" or "redo" buttons, however the ctrl-z and ctrl-y keyboard combinations work nicely.  Is this something that was omitted on purpose (for a good reason that I shouldn't be second-guessing), or am I missing something?  Is there an option to turn this on?

Thanks!

#2 2005-02-27 01:28:52

gogo
Xinha Leader
Website

Re: redo and undo buttons functions

dlst wrote:

I'm playing with the nightly from 2/25/05.  I noticed that there are no "undo" or "redo" buttons, however the ctrl-z and ctrl-y keyboard combinations work nicely.  Is this something that was omitted on purpose (for a good reason that I shouldn't be second-guessing), or am I missing something?  Is there an option to turn this on?

Hmm.  I'm sure there used to be undo & redo buttons.  Can you submit a ticket for that.

James Sleeman

#3 2005-02-27 17:16:53

dlst
Xinha Community Member

Submitted, thanks.

#4 2005-02-28 16:19:37

dlst
Xinha Community Member

In a possibly related question, I just noticed the Cut, Copy, and Paste buttons are missing.  Again, the ctrl-c, ctrl-x, and ctrl-v work beautifully, it's just that the buttons are missing.

Is this a ticket issue, or am I missing something obvious?

#5 2005-03-05 00:22:54

gogo
Xinha Leader
Website

dlst wrote:

In a possibly related question, I just noticed the Cut, Copy, and Paste buttons are missing.  Again, the ctrl-c, ctrl-x, and ctrl-v work beautifully, it's just that the buttons are missing.

Is this a ticket issue, or am I missing something obvious?

Yes ticket that too.  I probably removed those because they won't work properly in Gecko, but they should really be there by default I guess.

James Sleeman

#6 2005-03-14 09:12:45

clem
Website

Sorry if this should go on a ticket but I have not got trac to talk to me!
But this weekend that was the least of my problems!

Using Xinha in CMSimple on localhost EasyPHP1.7 I have just had a spectacular display of the undo bug. I was doing a series of undos (maybe 10 or so) using the button. I think I undid once too often, and at that point 'The Warrior Princess' truncated the file I was working on, and maybe inserted a chunk of text  earlier in the file, and maybe (though it may have been me) saved the resulting garbage over the master file.

Whatever, the file was then sufficiently corrupt that I couldn't persuade CMSimple to bring up the editor. (The CMSimple is sensitive, and won't load any editor if it can't scan the content.htm file).

So what am I suggesting.
This needs to be ticketed.
A check needs to be inserted to prevent Undo blowing its stack. (posssibly all that is needed is a simple counter.

Hope this observation is useful.

#7 2005-03-19 00:38:51

gogo
Xinha Leader
Website

clem wrote:

the file, and maybe (though it may have been me) saved the resulting garbage over the master file.

Xinha doesn't do any autosubmitting or anything, so unless CMSimple does, it must have been you that submitted it smile

So what am I suggesting.
This needs to be ticketed.
A check needs to be inserted to prevent Undo blowing its stack. (posssibly all that is needed is a simple counter.

Hope this observation is useful.

Trac's running again (for who knows how long, sigh) so please post a ticket.

James Sleeman

Board footer