Announcement

Do not use the forums to submit bug reports, feature requests or patches, submit a New Ticket instead.

#1 2005-04-06 10:52:55

anzenews
Xinha Community Member

Xinha versions?

Hi!

Is there any way I can tell which version of Xinha I am using (without using SVN)? On download page there is no info about it and I can't find "ChangeLog" file.

It would be nice to see which bugs get fixed in which versions (so the users know if it is worth upgrading to a newer version or not). I wrote a ticket about this some time ago but... smile

How do you cope with this? Do you upgrade every day? wink

Anze

#2 2005-04-06 14:28:48

Yermo
Xinha Authority
Website

Re: Xinha versions?

anzenews wrote:

Hi!

Is there any way I can tell which version of Xinha I am using (without using SVN)? On download page there is no info about it and I can't find "ChangeLog" file.

It would be nice to see which bugs get fixed in which versions (so the users know if it is worth upgrading to a newer version or not). I wrote a ticket about this some time ago but... smile

How do you cope with this? Do you upgrade every day? wink

Anze

In separate SVN managed projects over here I ended up having to write a shell script to patch in a new version number before the SVN commit to solve this problem.

For Xinha I don't know how Gogo wants to handle it. I'll probably copy over the svn_commit script I have to the Unified Backend branch that I'll be starting shortly; so the version number will be correct in the about box.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Content Management with Business Intelligence      [url]http://www.formvista.com[/url]

#3 2005-04-07 06:48:19

gogo
Xinha Leader
Website

Well, each (text) file should have a comment header with the revision number replacements in it (see the comment header in htmlarea.js).  For actual release numbers though we have none really as yet, just stable (which I've tagged 0.1 as I recall) and nightly.  When a release is made then the version number replacements can be made when the svn export is done (we don't really want specific version numbers in the repository, outside of tag/branch names).

Generally in this phase of not yet really ready for release you should use and update the nightly every now and then (using subversion, or downloading).

James Sleeman

#4 2005-04-07 14:57:38

Yermo
Xinha Authority
Website

gogo wrote:

Generally in this phase of not yet really ready for release you should use and update the nightly every now and then (using subversion, or downloading).

it's just you don't get the commit number in the about box since the about box is not updated, there doesn't seem to be a good way to mark a file to be updated on checkout the way you can, if I remember correctly, with CVS.

Ideally the about box would have the commit time of the version that was checked out and the commit number. That way you can get a sense of how old it is.

Over here, as I was mentioning, I do that using a shell script that wraps svn commit .. but that's not a good solution. i wonder if there's some feature in SVN that i'm missing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Content Management with Business Intelligence      [url]http://www.formvista.com[/url]

Board footer