Announcement

Do not use the forums to submit bug reports, feature requests or patches, submit a New Ticket instead.

#1 2005-03-19 01:26:31

willeffects
Xinha Authority

Can anyone share an image manager (uploader)?

There are a few threads on this and seem to be a few going around and different ideas on them.  I can't seem to locate any of them in the plugins page.  Does one exist anywhere to download?

Thanks for any help.

Will

#2 2005-03-19 01:47:51

Yermo
Xinha Authority
Website

Re: Can anyone share an image manager (uploader)?

willeffects wrote:

There are a few threads on this and seem to be a few going around and different ideas on them.  I can't seem to locate any of them in the plugins page.  Does one exist anywhere to download?

Thanks for any help.

Will

I will be packing up some changes to the ImageManager this weekend and submitting it into SVN per Wei's request. No end user visible changes; just some request changes between client and server.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Content Management with Business Intelligence      [url]http://www.formvista.com[/url]

#3 2005-03-19 02:05:35

willeffects
Xinha Authority

do you happen to have a demo of how the system works?

(I tried to mail you sorry if you got this already)

Thanks,
Will

#4 2005-03-19 18:09:28

adamp
Xinha Pro

I just uploaded the EFM beta niko sent me to http://www.iwdev.net/htmlArea_EFM_10b.zip

I haven't had time to try it myself, but it should get you started until Yermo posts his version or EFM is released as a final, fully-working version.

#5 2005-03-19 22:35:40

gogo
Xinha Leader
Website

Yermo, perhaps you would like to look at including EFM as well (if the licence permits, I havn't looked at it), I think it's a quite popular plugin so would be good to have it there (particularly in the examples).

James Sleeman

#6 2005-03-20 01:07:48

Yermo
Xinha Authority
Website

gogo wrote:

Yermo, perhaps you would like to look at including EFM as well (if the licence permits, I havn't looked at it), I think it's a quite popular plugin so would be good to have it there (particularly in the examples).

Yea, I looked at it. I've heard that it was incomplete and still being worked on; so I'm holding off.

I figure we'll probably integrate it once it's "ready". Mostly I want to get something committed (tomorrow) that will demonstrate what I'd like to see with regard to backend communications. I had hoped to get that done today but got sidetracked by this enterparagraphs exception .. that ones a showstopper for me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Content Management with Business Intelligence      [url]http://www.formvista.com[/url]

#7 2005-03-21 04:08:19

niko
Xinha Authority

As far as i know EFM is htmlArea license.

And we don't need ImageManger *and* EFM - as EFM has all features of ImageManager.
It would be great to have only one version being developed!

afaik Wei is planing a rewrite, Yermo is working on the old ImageManager and Afru is working on the EFM, he said two weeks ago till the end of the month he will be finished...

imho we need some coordination here!!!

Niko

#8 2005-03-21 04:39:03

Yermo
Xinha Authority
Website

niko wrote:

afaik Wei is planing a rewrite, Yermo is working on the old ImageManager and Afru is working on the EFM, he said two weeks ago till the end of the month he will be finished...

imho we need some coordination here!!!

Wei and I are already coordinating. The ImageManager I submitted was to start the discussion on client server communications.

#9 2005-03-21 19:41:16

Wei

It would be wonderful if Afru could respond as well.

Wei.

#10 2005-03-21 19:43:59

willeffects
Xinha Authority

would it be of benefit to create new forums for specific plugins so we can organize feature requests and conversations just for those?  I think so...

#11 2005-03-22 01:14:09

gogo
Xinha Leader
Website

willeffects wrote:

would it be of benefit to create new forums for specific plugins so we can organize feature requests and conversations just for those?  I think so...

First rule of buildng a community, don't break it up into special groups before there is enough critical mass to carry those special groups.  More posts in a concentrated area means that the forum looks (and is) busy, thus attracting users.

I'll consider splitting the forum into dev and general in a few weeks, I'd like to see another couple pages of threads yet.

James Sleeman

#12 2005-03-22 03:05:21

niko
Xinha Authority

short question:
why a forum and not a mailinglist?
personally i would prefer a mailinglist...

Niko

#13 2005-03-31 01:38:45

adam2003w
Xinha Community Member
Website

For anyone interested I'm hosting a copy of the EFM here:

http://www.htmlareaforum.com/htmlareafo … c.php?t=35

site [url]www.paradigmprint.com[/url]

Board footer