Announcement

Do not use the forums to submit bug reports, feature requests or patches, submit a New Ticket instead.

#1 2005-10-19 11:54:42

foxpaw

Changing default CSS?

I'm trying to remove the border around the editor so that it will fit better with the style of our site, but I'm having trouble getting it to work.  I've tried using pageStyle and pageStyleSheet to load custom styles but nothing seems to be working.  Am I missing something really obvious here?

#2 2005-10-20 10:27:01

mokhet
Xinha Authority
Website

Re: Changing default CSS?

Line 234, htmlarea.css

.htmlarea { border: 1px solid black; }

I can see 3 ways to remove it, probably more i dont see yet

1) dirty #1
remove the line 234 from htlmarea.css

2) dirty#2 load your own style
copy htmlarea.css to my_own.css (or any other name) where you have removed this line
and just after you have defined _editor_url, define the variable _editor_css = 'url of my_own.css';
When the variable _editor_css is set and is a string, Xinha is loading it instead of htmlarea.css (htmlarea.js line 2199 changeset #386)

HTMLArea.loadStyle(typeof _editor_css == "string" ? _editor_css : "htmlarea.css");

3) load your own css updates after htmlarea.css http://mokhet.com/xinha/examples/own_border.html
create a file name my_own.css (or any other name) with only the css update you want

.htmlarea { border:0 !important; }

and before your script initialisation, you ask Xinha to load a style

HTMLArea.loadStyle("url of my_own.css");

in the tiny example provided, i dont have removed the border but instead the border is 10px dotted red; but it is the same to remove tongue

Board footer