Announcement

Do not use the forums to submit bug reports, feature requests or patches, submit a New Ticket instead.

#1 2011-07-13 12:32:48

timecott01

Using Extended File Manager...setting defaults for some inputs.

Hello:
If I use ExtendedFileManager, I want to turn off the 'images_enable_styling' option in config.inc.php so that no image styling options [border,padding etc] appear on the EFM window.
However, I want to find a way of setting a default of 'padding:5px;' somewhere so that it applies to all images inserted. Can anyone advise how this can be achieved??
Any information welcome.
Thank you.

Last edited by timecott01 (2011-07-13 16:47:58)

#2 2011-07-13 20:29:57

gogo
Xinha Leader
Website

Re: Using Extended File Manager...setting defaults for some inputs.

You should use CSS to do it where you USE the content you created in Xinha, not in Xinha itself. 

Use Xinha to create HTML, use that HTML somewhere, and use CSS in that place to enforce your style concerns.

If it is to be used in an email (email clients have bad CSS support), I would suggest just using a regexp to match all img tags and make sure they include hspace/vspace as necessary  - again, nothing to do with Xinha.

James Sleeman

#3 2011-07-14 06:57:30

timecott01

I agree that you can use CSS to achieve the effect: i am after a padding of 5px round all images, so i could use img {padding:5px;}. I did do that initially, but the downside is that when you are editing and the content is displayed in the textarea, it will not look the same, as there will be no padding. i have tried putting the 5px into the css used when displaying the textarea, but this does not have any effect, even if i use !important. i think this is because each image inserted by xinha has inline styling - without padding - which overrides styling of the textarea. i would like to get a padding:5px; into the inline styling somehow...

#4 2011-07-24 20:53:46

wymsy
Xinha Community Member
Website

Use the pageStyle configuration option, i.e.

xinha_config.pageStyle = ''img {padding: 5px}";

in your config file.

Board footer