Announcement

Do not use the forums to submit bug reports, feature requests or patches, submit a New Ticket instead.

#1 2010-11-17 21:25:52

tencent
Website

Copy and Paste behavior

I'm wondering if there is a way to alter the copy and paste behavior on Xinha as I would like to use paragraphs instead of div and break tags if at all possible.

For instance:
1) Type in a Xinha form and hit enter and start typing you now have two paragraphs.

2) Copy and paste two paragraphs from a word document and you now have three div tags.

This is an important feature if you want your content to be more SEO driven as paragraph tags are what you should have in a normal site and divs wrapping large blocks of text is not what you should have in a normal site. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 2010-11-18 17:30:21

gogo
Xinha Leader
Website

Re: Copy and Paste behavior

The HTML provided by word/your OS is outside of the control of Xinha, Word must provide div tags to the copy buffer. 

Although I don't recall Word doing that, perhaps your source Word document is poorly designed/formatted (which is pretty much par for the course with 99% of Word documents!)

James Sleeman

#3 2010-11-19 13:20:16

tencent
Website

So Xinha has no code for handling a paste event?

Last edited by tencent (2010-11-19 13:20:32)

#4 2010-11-19 19:42:16

gogo
Xinha Leader
Website

Largely correct.  Paste is handled by the OS in almost all cases.  See the config options however in XinhaCore.js, but if you are using Mozilla, none of that has effect owing to the fact that paste in Mozilla can only be done by CTRL-V (security restriction) which is not captured.

James Sleeman

#5 2010-11-25 21:46:15

enduche
Website

Copy and paste are not allowed in the chatroom window by use of your mouse commands. If you want to copy and paste there, do the following.

To copy: Select the text you want to copy in the chat window. While holding down the CTRL key, press the C. This will copy the text.

Once you have copied the text, you can paste it using your mouse outside of the chat window in any other application, however you wish.

To paste: Cut or copy text from outside the chat window any way you wish. Insert the cursor in the message field and while holding down the CTRL key, press the V. This will paste the text.

Just as I Am

Board footer