Announcement

Do not use the forums to submit bug reports, feature requests or patches, submit a New Ticket instead.

#1 2013-02-18 13:35:13

adam2003w
Xinha Community Member
Website

Xinha 2013 updates / PHP 5.4 updates

What's the status of Xinha updates? More specifically PHP 5.4 is released and it's breaking the Extended File Manager. This has been a very useful addition to our sites and it don't want to abandon it.

Anyone have any clue if this will be updated soon? (Or be adventurous and updated it themselves on the fly?)

site [url]www.paradigmprint.com[/url]

#2 2013-02-28 11:21:11

cynthia_1968
Website

Re: Xinha 2013 updates / PHP 5.4 updates

That's a good question!

I wonder the same. I use the image manager, and it uses some PHP routines that are outdated. Properly, the same way as the Extended File Manager, which I don't use.
I am working on an open-source  project (Horizon QCMS, version 4) that uses Xinha.

Perhaps we can work together. If you are willing to share the PHP errors you encounter, then I can take a look into it, using your information to create a patch and make it available through sourceforge.net, as a side project for Horizon QCMS 4.

TTFN
Cynthia Fridsma

The story of life is hello and good-bye until we meet again

#3 2013-05-23 01:25:48

gogo
Xinha Leader
Website

@adam, @cynthia

For me, Xinha gets an update when I need to update something.  The short version is, it works, so I don't do much work on it.

I don't use the EFM or the IM, those are horrid systems to maintain and won't be doing any work on those myself ever (since I don't use them), the MFM (MootoolsFileManager) is superior in every way.

Xinha development has always been like this, because (as you know adam) a tool made by developers for developers, it progresses when somebody has an itch to scratch.

Adam, I think you already have access to the svn, and trac, from memory.  Cynthia if you would like subversion access, send me the initial code you want to commit for verification and I'll set you up access.

James Sleeman

#4 2013-05-29 10:25:16

h.reindl

XINHA is simply *dead*

there is no realistic hope ever see *a final release*
there is no realistic hope ever see *any release*

a project with http://xinha.webfactional.com/roadmap unchanged over years
and speak about a milestone 2.0 while 1.0 was not reached over a decade
is dead

good bye

#5 2013-05-29 10:27:40

h.reindl

and if a project ignores the question "is it alive" several months *it is dead*
http://www.xinha.org/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=5097

and no, the "there are no releases use the latest snashot" attitude is not seriously

#6 2013-06-03 08:21:24

gogo
Xinha Leader
Website

Well h.reindl, who has all of 4 posts, and who does not appear to have contributed anything of use towards Xinha, as you avoid the door hitting you, please also try not to stumble over the 50 websites I personally developed using the "dead" Xinha extensively in the backend in the last 12 months.

Of course, if you did want to contribute, instead of just complain about the lack of some pointless labelling of some arbitrary state of code as "a release", then, DEVELOPERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO CONTRIBUTE.

James Sleeman

#7 2013-06-09 21:09:49

cynthia_1968
Website

gogo wrote:

@adam, @cynthia
I don't use the EFM or the IM, those are horrid systems to maintain and won't be doing any work on those myself ever (since I don't use them), the MFM (MootoolsFileManager) is superior in every way.

Dear James,

First of all: I want to thank you for the Xinha project. It was one of the reasons why I started my own open-source project. I've been using Xinha since '06, and I still love it and yes. Everything works. Also under PHP 5.4

Although you don't like IM, I personally love it. It's so easy to select an image for a web page...

Yes, I use IM to store the images on the web server. And that's when I discovered a security issue in IM, and I decided to use MySQL to add a level of security.

---// PHP fragment (config.inc.php) //---

/**
* Image Manager configuration file.
* @author $Author:gogo $
* @version $Id:config.inc.php 830 2007-05-09 13:27:34Z gogo $
* @package ImageManager
* @todo change all these config values to defines()
*/

// REVISION HISTORY:
//
// 2005-03-20 Yermo Lamers (www.formvista.com):
//    . unified backend.
// . created a set of defaults that make sense for bundling with Xinha.

// -------------------------------------------------------------------------

/**
* Default backend URL
* URL to use for unified backend.
* The ?__plugin=ImageManager& is required.
*/

# Horzion Quick Content Managment System security patch

session_start();
require_once("../../../../config.php");
include_once("../../../../include/readarticle.php");

$qcms = new qcms;

if(isset($_SESSION['username'])){
    // user is logged in
    # check username and password with the database

$username = $_SESSION['username'];
    $password = $_SESSION['password'];

if($mysql=="mysql"){   

$who=@mysql_query("SELECT username, password, userlevel FROM {$site_id}_user WHERE username='$username' AND password='$password'");
        while ($row = @mysql_fetch_object($who)) {
            $userlevel=$row->userlevel; $username = $row->username; $password = $row->password;
        }

} elseif($mysql=="mysqli"){

$who=@mysqli_query($db,"SELECT username, password, userlevel FROM {$site_id}_user WHERE username='$username' AND password='$password'");
        while ($row = @mysqli_fetch_object($who)) {
            $userlevel=$row->userlevel; $username = $row->username; $password = $row->password;
        }
    }

// check userlevel

switch($userlevel){          
        case 4:
        case 5:

$IMConfig['backend_url'] = "backend.php?__plugin=ImageManager&";

---// PHP fragment (config.inc.php) //---

I didn't escape the username and password because they are both encrypted.

TTFN
Cynthia

The story of life is hello and good-bye until we meet again

Board footer