Announcement

Do not use the forums to submit bug reports, feature requests or patches, submit a New Ticket instead.

#1 2012-03-14 10:47:24

rad14701

What is the current Xinha release development status?

I am curious, as I am sure many others are, as to the status of code base development... I still like Xinha better than any of the other Free WYSIWYG editors out there, but it is starting to show its age and 0.96.1 was released almost two years ago... Web technologies have progressed and we've been relying on random patches to keep this release working... I'm not complaining by any means, just wondering if anything new and improved is in the works... Any updates would be greatly appreciated...

#2 2012-03-29 21:18:51

gogo
Xinha Leader
Website

Re: What is the current Xinha release development status?

Patches Welcome! As the saying goes.

Xinha is now, and has always been, a tool driven by developers who have an itch to scratch, we use it in our own businesses, putting it to use in our own systems. 

The short version of this is, if it works for us, then our itch is scratched and that's the state it stays in, until we have a new itch (one of our clients asks for something to be added), or something stops working and so we have to fix it.

If you have an itch to scratch, please, go ahead and scratch it, then contribute it back for us all to benefit.

James Sleeman

#3 2012-05-03 16:09:47

adam.jimenez
Xinha Pro

I've said it before and I'll say it again - this project would benefit from being on Github. It would generate more interest and contributions.

#4 2012-08-18 09:17:03

ejucovy
Xinha Community Member
Website

Hi Adam, I've just created an organization and repository on Github:

https://github.com/xinha/xinha-mirror

This contains a copy of the code as of r1296.  Since the xinha.org SVN and Trac sites have been down for the past few weeks and I can't reach Gogo, I don't have access to the current trunk or the repository history.  But r1296 is relatively up to date -- it was recent as of last November, and there have not been too many commits since then.

Hopefully the situation will improve, but for now I think this is better than nothing.  Feel free to contact me directly (my email address is listed in the Description blurb of the repository I linked to) to discuss this further.

Board footer